- Shift from being doers to being equippers of nationals, then we stand behind them.
- Shift from being in charge to equal partnerships.
- Shift from owning and controlling to “we own nothing, control nothing and count nothing as ours.”
- Shift from Western missionaries to global missionaries: all people going to all peoples.
- Shift from dependency to self-sufficiency (dependent partners cannot be equal).
- Shift from addition to multiplication (it is not what we do, but what we help others to do).
- Shift from moving from competition to cooperation (we taught them to be independent but we are better together than alone)
- Shift from an emphasis on my brand of Christianity to his brand (Jesus died for His bride, not my brand of the church).
- Shift from mission agency to church /agency synergy (vision of missions as the vision of the church).
Maximus said, “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” In Gladiator, Russell Crowe tells his troops before a battle that regardless of what happens their sacrifice will never be forgotten. They will leave a mark on eternity. He...