- Shift from being doers to being equippers of nationals, then we stand behind them.
- Shift from being in charge to equal partnerships.
- Shift from owning and controlling to “we own nothing, control nothing and count nothing as ours.”
- Shift from Western missionaries to global missionaries: all people going to all peoples.
- Shift from dependency to self-sufficiency (dependent partners cannot be equal).
- Shift from addition to multiplication (it is not what we do, but what we help others to do).
- Shift from moving from competition to cooperation (we taught them to be independent but we are better together than alone)
- Shift from an emphasis on my brand of Christianity to his brand (Jesus died for His bride, not my brand of the church).
- Shift from mission agency to church /agency synergy (vision of missions as the vision of the church).
Nothing is ever forgotten
Maximus said, “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” In Gladiator, Russell Crowe tells his troops before a battle that regardless of what happens their sacrifice will never be forgotten. They will leave a mark on eternity. He...